Founded in 1921 and located in Newton Centre, Mass., Hebrew College promotes excellence in Jewish learning and leadership within a pluralistic environment of open inquiry, intellectual rigor, personal engagement and spiritual creativity. Its programs include a rabbinical school, a school of Jewish music, a school of Jewish education, graduate degrees and courses in Jewish studies; community education for adult learners; and a supplemental Hebrew high school and middle school.
At Hebrew College, we work to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind — including that involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other similarly protected status — is unacceptable. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall, termination and other terms and conditions of employment.
Department of Adult Learning at Hebrew College
The Associate Director of Young Adult Programs oversees all programs for adults in their 20s and 30s. Program goals include the creation of micro-communities; deepening participants’ knowledge of Jewish values, culture, and life; and marketing and publicity (including capturing individuals’ stories, i.e., Jewish journeys). A primary responsibility of this position is Eser (Hebrew for ten), featuring a new theme each year. The Associate Director will facilitate the development and work of the Eser committee, which selects the theme, ten topics that address the theme, and attendant activities. The Associate Director will also oversee Eser on college campuses, tailoring the program to particular schools’ scheduling and other needs. Also part of the Associate Director’s portfolio will be the creation—from conception to hiring faculty, from marketing to enrollment—of at least three Young Adult Open Circle classes. The Associate Director will ensure that participants of all backgrounds are welcome, and that the various programs grow, reaching ever wider audiences. Part of the Adult Learning team, the position reports to the Director of Adult Learning at Hebrew College.
Responsibilities include program development, marketing and recruitment, coordination of logistics for all classes and events, and strategic planning. The Associate Director will work closely with faculty, and will seek to expand our reach to young adults through local partnerships and community organizing.
The following are among the position’s specific responsibilities:
- Develop and expand the use of social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Create copy for—and oversee the design and production of—print materials
- Represent Eser and Open Circles at young adult and community events and meetings
- Meet with key “young adult influencers” to increase awareness of the programs
- Organize, publicize, and implement recruitment events such as “Sips” (tastes of Jewish learning) at local bars
- Work with the Director of Faculty and Curriculum Development in hiring instructors, planning faculty meetings, and creating each year’s Eser curriculum and Open Circle classes
- Work with committee chairs to plan constructive meetings and assign meaningful roles to 12-15 members who will serve as Eser ambassadors and leaders
- Identify and secure volunteer hosts for Eser and Open Circle groups in various locations
- Assign instructors to groups according to various criteria (including geographic preferences and personal interests)
- Set up and oversee registration processes and assign enrollees to groups
- Manage the Young Adult Programs budget
- Attend to business-related functions (e.g., prepare hiring forms, POs, invoices, etc.)
- Create and distribute participant evaluation forms and surveys; collect responses and prepare reports
Qualifications: Master’s degree preferred. Able to manage several projects simultaneously; able to attend to details as well as a strategic vision; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; knowledge of the Jewish community; able to leverage social media to further program goals.
To apply, please submit a résumé and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hebrew College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director, Human Resources