Founded in 1921 and located in Newton Centre, Mass., Hebrew College promotes excellence in Jewish learning and leadership within a pluralistic environment of open inquiry, intellectual rigor, personal engagement and spiritual creativity. Its programs include a rabbinical school, a school of Jewish music, a school of Jewish education, graduate degrees and courses in Jewish studies; community education for adult learners; and a supplemental Hebrew high school and middle school.
At Hebrew College, we work to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind — including that involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other similarly protected status — is unacceptable. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall, termination and other terms and conditions of employment.
Financial Aid Officer and Coordinator of Institutional Research
Hebrew College, one of the nation’s leading providers of Jewish education, has a unique position available for a Financial Aid Officer and Coordinator of Institutional Research for the Department of Academic Administration. Located in Newton Centre, the College provides graduate degree and certificate programs as well as community education programs for youth and adults.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President for Finance and Administration with some work overseen by the Vice President of Marketing and Development and the Chief Academic Officer of Hebrew College; this role also acts as liaison between the Office of the Registrar and the Financial Aid Committee.
Assume lead role in executing student financial aid and assisting Registrar in providing comprehensive student services as coordinated through the Department of Academic Administration including registration, student visas and maintenance of student records. Also includes compilation and reporting of key institutional data metrics. This role has as three fundamental components:
- Administration of all financial aid related institutional functionality in qualifying, awarding, recording and reporting student financial aid.
- Supporting Registrar function with data-entry necessary for maintenance of student files in the registration module as well as assisting in activities related to student mailings, filing, etc., and providing back-up functional redundancy in the event of registrar’s absence.
- Strategic reporting and interpretation of recruitment, enrollment and other dashboard data, plus collaborative modeling of net tuition for budgetary planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of a collaborative team with the Registrar to provide all student services coordinated through the Academic Administration office including registration and financial aid.
- Lead role in qualifying and awarding Financial Aid, maintaining Financial Aid information, administering student loans, and checking student accounts to be sure aid is posted correctly.
- Assist in registering students for classes, processing petitions for incompletes, withdrawals, etc.
- Own, track and report strategic institutional dashboard data regularly and with accuracy that inspires confidence in the reliability of the information being reported.
- Support annual budgeting process by building enrollment/net tuition model based on past performance and forward assumptions, in collaboration with leadership of academic programs.
- Assist in maintenance of physical student records and files.
- Maintain student records in Jenzabar.
- Assist in tracking immunization records and reporting.
- Assist in maintenance of Schoology, the College’s online education platform.
- Updating forms on website as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Assist in processing Student Visas.
- Assist in processing and approval of Veterans Benefits.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Numeracy skills and comfort managing, interpreting and explaining data to senior leadership accurately and confidently.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in administering Higher Education Financial Aid.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet/Web and College Registration, preferably Jenzabar EX.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical insurance, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday packages, and more. Please visit http://hebrewcollege.edu for more information about our organization.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hebrew College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director, Human Resources