Dig deeply into a fascinating topic with our gifted Me'ah faculty, for one semester
Follow us on Facebook for updates, and to share these classes with your friends!
Two special Me'ah Select events:
A night of learning in honor of Dr. David Ariel z'l
November 1, 2018, from 8 - 9 pm, at Temple Emanuel, Newton
Please join us for a night of teaching and learning in Dr. David Ariel's honor. David was a beloved teacher in the Adult Learning program at Hebrew College, and at many institutions throughout Boston.
The teaching portion will be led by David's friend, Dr. Everett Fox of Clark University (and three-time Brandeis University graduate) with the assistance of two of David's students. Temple Emanuel's cantors will conclude the evening by singing the scholars' Kaddish, "Kaddish D'rabanan."
- Learn more about and RSVP for the free event here.
- Read about David's incredible commitment to Jewish education, and feedback from his students.
Taste of Winter Me'ah Select course
December 5, 2018, from 11:30-11:50 am, at Temple Beth Elohim, Wellesley
Dr. Rachel Adelman will provide a brief (20-minute) "Taste" of her Winter Me'ah Select course at Temple Beth Elohim, "The Making (and Breaking) of a King" in the Me'ah Select classroom at TBE.
All are welcome!
Jump into a ten-week, in-depth exploration of a specific theme, text, personality, or slice of Jewish history led by our outstanding Me'ah faculty! Targeted to adult learners of all backgrounds, whether you are seeking to take a first step or the next step in your education journey.
Our talented faculty is known for their scholarship and dynamic approach to adult learning, and bring their Me'ah Select classes to life through the study of literature, history, art, and original texts and source material.
Taught at the college level, but without papers and assignments, you will dig deeply and gain new perspectives into a wide range of fascinating topics. Learn, discuss, and build community with fellow adult learners near you.
- Me'ah Select classes meet for 10 - 12 sessions, depending on the time length of the class, over the course of one semester.
- We require a minimum of 15 students for any Me'ah Select class. Bring your friends!
- Tuition costs vary by class and site; please see the registration forms for more details on costs.
Class topics have included a broad and rich array of offerings, including but not limited to:
- The history of Zionism and Israel
- Jewish food and cooking
- A study of the insights about Hasidic masters
- A multi-faith exploration of Biblical stories
- Jewish film classes
- Jewish and Muslim stories and literature
- An overview of the modern Jewish and Israeli experience
- Babylonian Talmud
- A study of the Book of Job
We welcome feedback and requests for class topics; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to offer suggestions.
- "This was a transformational class. The level of engagement and discussion was exceptional!"
- "I loved the instructor--he had the ability to listen to every question, and craft an answer that was understandable and meaningful for all."
- "The class was my favorite day of the week. No one wanted to leave at the end of class!"
- “This class was wonderful! The content, the instructor's enthusiastic teaching-- he made a complex topic interesting and fun. Thank you.”
- "The instructor is so knowledgable. I appreciated how he was able to break down complex materials into easily digestible parts. Outstanding!"
We are happy to offer generous financial aid for all of our classes. Please contact our office for more information at email@example.com or 617.559.8708.