Dig deeply into a fascinating topic with our gifted Me'ah faculty, for one semester
Jump into a ten-week, in-depth exploration of a specific theme, text, personality, or slice of Jewish history led by our outstanding Me'ah faculty! Targeted to adult learners of all backgrounds, whether you are seeking to take a first step or the next step in your education journey.
Our talented faculty, known for their scholarship and dynamic approach to adult learning, bring their Me'ah Select classes to life through the study of literature, history, art, and original texts and source material. Learn, discuss and build community.
Taught at the college level, but without papers and assignments, you will dig deeply and gain new perspectives into fascinating topics ranging from:
- Jewish cooking
- Israeli short stories
- A history of Hasidism
- Analysing the formation of the state of Israel
Learn, discuss, and build community!
- Me'ah Select classes meet for 10 - 12 sessions, depending on the time length of the class, over the course of one semester.
- We require a minimum of 15 students for any Me'ah Select class. Bring your friends!
- Tuition costs vary by class and site; please see the registration forms for more details on costs.
Financial Aid & Additional Details:
We are happy to offer generous financial aid for all of our classes. Please contact our office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.559.8708.
Me'ah Select Class Topics:
Class topics have included a broad and rich array of offerings, including but not limited to:
- The history of Zionism and Israel
- Jewish food and cooking
- A study of the insights about Hasidic masters
- A multi-faith exploration of Biblical stories
- Jewish film classes
- Jewish and Muslim stories and literature
- An overview of the modern Jewish and Israeli experience
- Babylonian Talmud
- A study of the Book of Job
We welcome feedback and requests for class topics; contact us at email@example.com to offer suggestions.
What Our Me'ah Students Say About Me'ah Select:
- "This was a transformational class. The level of engagement and discussion was exceptional!"
- "I loved the instructor--he had the ability to listen to every question, and craft an answer that was understandable and meaningful for all."
- "The class was my favorite day of the week. No one wanted to leave at the end of class!"
- “This class was wonderful! The content, the instructor's enthusiastic teaching-- he made a complex topic interesting and fun. Thank you.”
- "The instructor is so knowledgable. I appreciated how he was able to break down complex materials into easily digestible parts. Outstanding!"